OCTAVEPUSSY - All News !!!

This Space is primary for the Foreign People : Talk here with us in English cause "One Nation Under a Groove..." :o)
Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

OCTAVEPUSSY - All News !!!

Messagepar Funkygirl » 05/01/05 17:05

SEVEN ELEVEN, OCTAVEPUSSY & GLAM SLAM - Concert 14/01/05

EUROSONIC 2005
www.eurosonic.nl
Friday January 14th 2005 Seven Eleven, Dodge and Are MC will be featured in a special Funk To The Max night presented by Fillin' Da Gap Agency at NEWSCAFE in Groningen during EUROSONIC 2005. Other funk bands performing are OctavePussy (The Hague) and Grand Slam (Germany). EUROSONIC is Europe's Prime New Talent Event held at various venues in Groningen City Centre: The best new talent from Europe!
Modifié en dernier par Funkygirl le 24/11/10 18:45, modifié 1 fois.
Funkygirl ==> I'm a White Free Passionated Funkateer and I'm Proud !

Funkhome - The Funk & Groovy musics Forum
"Funkhome-Le forum de référence, souvent copié, jamais égalé" :cool: Jam & Lewis

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 15/02/05 10:47

"32 minutes of the octavepussy gig at "La bordelaise" can be seen at www.bordelaise.nl right now !!! go to "videolounge". "

:arrow: http://www.bordelaise.nl/2005/modules.p ... ionsVideos

See also the 48 pictures taken on that show :wink: We Wait for the Dvd now :lol:

Go there for other little informations about the Band : http://funkhome.nuxit.net/phpBB2/viewto ... ctavepussy

or visit the band Website :arrow: www.octavepussy.com

"Funkhome-Le forum de référence, souvent copié, jamais égalé" :cool: Jam & Lewis

FNUK.com

FNUK presents OctavePussY (OPY) LIVE in the U and K

Messagepar FNUK.com » 11/06/05 01:50

If you live in the UK be aware that OctavePussY (OPY) will be heatin' several stages with their P-Funkish music ! So make sure you're there !

OctavePussY (OPY) LIVE in the U and K ! Pure P-Funk inna new way be there to catch you P at:

Fri 17th June - Jagz, Ascot
Sat 18th June - Toucan, Cardiff
Sun 19th June - Rhu bar, Basingstoke
Tue 21st June - Cellar, Oxford
Wed 22nd June - Moog, Nottingham
Thu 23rd June - Hifi club, Leeds
Fri 24th June - Rainbow pub, Birmingham
Sat 25th June - Adelphi, Hull
Sun 26th June - Magnet, Liverpool
Mon 27th June - Wild @ Pop, London

www.octavepussy.com or www.fnuk.com

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 11/06/05 08:31

Yes........ :razz:

http://funkhome.nuxit.net/phpBB2/viewto ... c&start=15

Hope one day in France..... :cry:
Modifié en dernier par Funkygirl le 11/06/05 16:46, modifié 1 fois.

FNUK.com

Messagepar FNUK.com » 11/06/05 13:50

Keep in mind that Jeff Watkins (saxophoneplayer James Brown Band) might show up at the London gig (27th of june). He is doing is concert with James Brown at the Forum and will do everythang to show up at Wild @ Pop
later on.

Jeff is on the new Black Eyed Peas single " They Don't Want Music ", together with his bossman James Brown.

Here are all the OctavePussY (OPY) U and K dates:
www.octavepussy.com/tourdate.php :cool:

FNUKcom

Messagepar FNUKcom » 11/06/05 16:20

:grin:

OPY will visit France in the near future ! Cheer up !

But remember it's hard to find good venue's. A french guy is busy
right now to get OPY overthere.

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 11/06/05 16:47

FNUKcom a écrit ::grin:

OPY will visit France in the near future ! Cheer up !

But remember it's hard to find good venue's. A french guy is busy
right now to get OPY overthere.

:lol: I know it's hard... in France :roll:

FNUKcom

Messagepar FNUKcom » 11/06/05 18:35

It's hard work in the UK as well :wink:

But if you or any funkhome member knows about good and willing venues: please
contact P. Cadot at: pierre.cadot@club-internet.fr

He is a French booker.

Good luck !

maggotbrain

OPY

Messagepar maggotbrain » 28/06/05 01:07

Made the effort to check out OPY twice on the UK tour, was not disappointed. Just listen to to "My Profession" this just about sums up this Lowland band. Then there are the P funk covers played live. Red Hot, Funkin' For Fun, Alice and plenty more..........RECOMMENDED

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 28/06/05 07:34

No effort for me :wink: I'll will check this out... :lol:

Incoming Funk

SPECIAL OFFER NEW OCTAVEPUSSY ALBUM !

Messagepar Incoming Funk » 01/07/05 18:00

Let's point this out: OctavePussY (OPY) are proud to present their new album !!!!!

The album - Here_Are_The_Results_Of_A_Universal_Jury - is already described as true quality funk from The Low Landz. An exciting mix of mainly funk soul jazz and afrobeat in today's vibe.

If you like James Brown P-Funk Curtis Mayfield or Sly Stone you should try to get a copy yourself because OctavePussY (OPY) definatly are using these musicians as inspirators. Jerry Martini (saxophoneplayer Sly Stone)
said the band reminds him of Sly & The Family Stone back in the days !

Not to mention the guests ON the new album: Mr. Danny Ray (MC James Brown) The P-Funk All Stars Jara Harris from L.A. funkband Slapbak superb guitarist Stevie Salas and last but not least The Soul Generals
the current James Brown Band. Including original JB's Fred Thomas - who
played bass on several James Brown hits like Get On The Good Foot / Make It Funky / Papa Don't Take No Mess and Pass The Peas. Now...you
know these don't you (blink) ?

So don't hesitate and visit www.octavepussy.com to order your copy. Remember this is a limited edition (only 2000 copies available). Currently you can buy the album for only 10 euro's.

View tracklist at www.octavepussy.com/disco01.php or order your copy
at www.octavepussy.com/koop.php

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 01/07/05 19:01

Hi,

Yes I only have one thing to had... BUY THIS GREAT Cd to support one of the best P-Funk band in Europe... Some of us here have already listen to this new album... It's clear Octavepussy are constantly in progress :lol:

We talked about it (in french) and the old albums here : http://www.funkhome.com/viewtopic.php?t=1382 (we mentionned the link to the new cd and the website :wink: )

Nota : Please valid your registration... :cool: http://www.funkhome.com/viewtopic.php?t=118

maggotbrain

Messagepar maggotbrain » 02/07/05 00:12

I bought the new OctavePussy album last week. This is definitely their best release by far. Their brand of P FUNK and other influences are all over it. The stand out track for me is "My Profession" surely a Funkadelic anthem for the 21st century about spreading the funk and being a Funkadelic for a living, closely followed by the title track - Here Are The Results Of The Universal Jury, At The Funky Saloon and Walk The Stalkin' Walk. I urge every P Funk/maggot to pick up this release, you will not be disappointed and make sure you check out this band live at the next opportunity

Invité

Messagepar Invité » 05/07/05 12:18

yeah i luve this shit. got my copy yesterday and my cd player is still on repeat. i'm hooked on somebody got to smell the shit and the track with the soul generals. fred thomas is hittin' that bass so hard. superb super cool. octavepussy is growing every day.

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 05/07/05 12:20

Please sign your post if you can't registered to be able to know who's speaking... :cool:

NATEFUNK

Messagepar NATEFUNK » 05/07/05 23:04

Yeah good stuff indeed !!!!!! Good new bands are coming up these days,
I also like Weapon of choice and Grandslam. Good fellas.....

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 06/07/05 07:19

NATEFUNK a écrit :and Grandslam. Good fellas.....

Happy you mentionned them... I saw them live one month ago... (and Weapon of Choice near 2 months...) Will remembered that night... Very good band but not enough people there... sadly for them, they deserved more :cool:

Invité

Messagepar Invité » 08/07/05 09:42

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
finally LOL

P.O.S.T.E.R.

Messagepar P.O.S.T.E.R. » 13/07/05 13:35

are there more people who got this album already ? any thoughts ?

Incoming Funk

Messagepar Incoming Funk » 22/07/05 14:04

OctavePussY (OPY) just signed a international distributiondeal with Bertus Records !

This means the new album " Here_Are_The_Results_Of_A_Universal_Jury " will be available in your local recordstore
or on-line musicstores (www.bol.com).The official releasedate of the album is the 18th of August.

Keep in mind that the prize will be different (recordcompany standards) so be smart and use our special pre-release offer
and buy your copy for 10 euro. You can order your copy until the 17th of August at www.octavepussy.com/koop.php.

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 22/07/05 14:07

Great news for them (I have my copy and Fred W made a review in French already :wink: )

http://www.funkhome.com/viewtopic.php?t=2327

Buy this album !!! Now :lol:

HALLER

Messagepar HALLER » 26/07/05 10:46

i did :grin: it's a new style. their ep is mostly p-funk but on this one you hear more styles like hiphop, drum and base, jazz

Invité

Messagepar Invité » 02/08/05 16:45

Incoming Funk

Messagepar Incoming Funk » 16/08/05 18:34

Incoming

Messagepar Incoming » 15/09/05 14:22

Just to inform you: you can still buy this album @ www.octavepussy.com (click on Danny Ray) but keep in mind we only got 45 copies left !!!!!

You can also buy this album @ your local record shop but you pay more !

God Made Me Funky
K7

Messagepar God Made Me Funky » 19/09/05 23:55

yo incoming guest I´m listening to some Funky flavours of the CD right now and let me tell ya, this flavours have a beautifull Funky smell! :cool:
listening right onw - Walk the stalkin' walk These cats know how to deliver the goods! Right on! :razz:
Johnny Be Good aka Funkula aka Boogie Man http://thegoodthebadandthefunky.blogsource.com/

Italian Jury LOL

Messagepar Italian Jury LOL » 22/09/05 10:45

Dj-Groover
Boutique de Disques

Messagepar Dj-Groover » 13/10/05 00:49

Retourner vers « English Corner »