J.P. DELAIRE - New Minneapolis Genius Cd

This Space is primary for the Foreign People : Talk here with us in English cause "One Nation Under a Groove..." :o)
JoeKelley
12'Play

J.P. DELAIRE - New Minneapolis Genius Cd

Messagepar JoeKelley » 25/11/08 00:09

[align=center]THE NEW MINNEAPOLIS GENIUS HAS ARRIVED
WITH J.P. DELAIRE'S "IN MY LIFE” [/align]

[align=center]Image [/align]

"This is one of the best R&B records I have heard in a very long time. It ranks right there with Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On", Stevie Wonder's "Innervisions" and Prince's "Purple Rain." - Corey Burrington

Hailing from the First Family of Minneapolis Music, The Petersons, and having worked with Prince, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, and Alexander O'Neal, J.P. DeLaire (Jason Peterson DeLaire) is ready to carry the Twin Cities next generation's musical torch with his new CD "In My Life". The multi-instrumentalist, vocalist, and producer's new release was mixed and mastered by super sound engineer Steve Hodge (Janet Jackson, Flyte Time Productions). It is characterized by soulful vocals, R&B grooves, a touch of jazz, and some of that original “Minneapolis Sound” funk.

A NEW Minneapolis Music Genius has arrived!!!!! J.P. DeLaire - “In My Life”

You can order "In My Life" on I Tunes: In My Life and find more info on J.P. DeLaire at http://www.jpdelaire.com , http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/jpdelaire2, and www.myspace.com/jpdelaire .

J.P. DeLaire is currently touring internationally as keyboardist and saxophonist with Michael Bolton. While not on the road with Michael Bolton, J.P. is showcasing “In My Life” with his new funk-soul band. DeLaire is one of the most in-demand musicians in the world. His resume includes touring with Oleta Adams, Prince, Alexander O’Neal, Richard Marx, Solo, Donny Osmond, and Cherrelle. J.P. learned the nuances of the “Minneapolis Sound” while working as a studio musician on various projects with “Prince” and “Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis”. “Prince taught me how to be self contained, (to play all of the instruments as well as sing all of the vocal parts on a recording!” says J.P.

The Berklee College of Music graduate grew up with musical royalty and is keeping the funk alive with the authentic “Minneapolis Sound” on "In My Life”. J.P.’s uncle, St. Paul Peterson, starred in “Purple Rain” as a member of The Time and went on to become the lead singer of the Prince-produced group, The Family. Upon seeing “Purple Rain”, J.P. was inspired to pursue a career in music. Jason is currently writing with Susannah and St. Paul for the upcoming Family Reunion record, due out in 2009.

Radio music programmers have already begun heavily playing cuts from "In My Life". Listeners will love the hard-hitting message of "The Prodigal Son". Mico Wave lends Roger Troutman inspired “Talk Box” assistance on DeLaire’s slow groove "I Need Your Love". “Never Enough” is a sexy ballad reminiscent of Mint Condition, and J.P. delivers the sinister funk on "Gotta Keep The Funk Alive". It’s a tribute to the Funk Pioneers with references to The Time, Prince, Rick James, Zapp, and Earth, Wind and Fire. J.P. says “I think that there are many fans of the “Minneapolis Sound” who are hungry for something new to come out of the Minneapolis scene. Well, Here It Is!!!!”

J.P. DeLaire was instrumental in getting the positive message out for President-elect Barack Obama. His video for "In My Life", http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yCtb3gbjp4 showcases J.P.'s amazing voice and delivers an uplifting spiritual message. It was one of the most-watched YouTube.com videos of the year.
"Upper Room with Joe Kelley and Gi Dussault"
Radio and TV show
www.upperroomwithjoekelley.com

LIVE Mondays 4-8 pm EST
WVOF 88.5 FM in Fairfield, CT
www.wvof.org

Creativity in Music
www.creativityinmusic.com
Promotion for Musical Artists

FredW
Boutique de Disques

Messagepar FredW » 05/12/08 23:13

Hey Funkhomers, this guy is the nephew of Saint Paul Peterson (The Family, the Time...)

Thanks a lot for posting Joe!
We bring you the real deal
Not the dildo
(Victor Wooten, 2005)

JoeKelley
12'Play

Messagepar JoeKelley » 25/12/08 04:31

You got it Fred W. Dig the Victor Wooten quote. He and JD Blair are doing the duo tour in early 2009.

J.P. DeLaire will be on our radio show in January. Will keep you informed.

Peace
Joe
"Upper Room with Joe Kelley and Gi Dussault"

Radio and TV show

www.upperroomwithjoekelley.com

LIVE Mondays 4-8 pm EST

WVOF 88.5 FM in Fairfield, CT

www.wvof.org

Creativity in Music

www.creativityinmusic.com

Promotion for Musical Artists

funkatoon
K7

Re: J.P. DELAIRE - New Minneapolis Genius Cd

Messagepar funkatoon » 01/03/09 18:51

JoeKelley a écrit :"This is one of the best R&B records I have heard in a very long time. It ranks right there with Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On", Stevie Wonder's "Innervisions" and Prince's "Purple Rain." - Corey Burrington

...well, Bobby, I don't know... :glasses9:
One the 1....huuh....good gawd

Retourner vers « English Corner »