Kip Blackshire`s first European tour

This Space is primary for the Foreign People : Talk here with us in English cause "One Nation Under a Groove..." :o)
Pari
LP's

Kip Blackshire`s first European tour

Messagepar Pari » 19/11/04 17:40

Hey y'all,
we`ll be promoting the first European tour of Prince`s vocalist Kip Blackshire in March 2005. We are looking for gigs pretty much anywhere, we`ll come to Spain, Holland, France, Belgium, Italy, Austria .. whoever wants to see the man backed up by a six-piece-band. Kip`s gonna do a mixture of funk classics, Prince-Hits and his own material.

If you are interested in booking him or you know a venue, please feel free to contact me. All info on www.soulpower.info

Thanks and be righteous,

Pari
Right in the groove with www.soulpower.info

raphy
12'Play

Messagepar raphy » 21/11/04 17:29

hi,

i don't really understand..
i'm talking with someone who work with KIP (maybe you), since 1 month.

We try to organise something, and you post on diffrent message board to find a gig ???

???? Can you explain to us how you work??? You are a tour promoter. I offer you to organise everything. Pay for the place, the promotion (poster, flyer and more), prepare everything. With 100 % of the money for you....

You answer to me you don't want to take "any risk".
If people pay only 10 euros to come to the concert, we need ONLY 350 people to pay everything.
If you don't want to take the risk to come , maybe you think it will be hard to have 350 people. But if you think there is a risk, why do we have to take the risk, if his own tour promoter don't want to keep it ????

So once again the deal is really easy, and really clear, (just for info, we organise party since 1988 and more than 350 people come to se local band....) :

I organise everything, (with the help of this board and many other french people who know how to spread the word).
You come with the band, and you receive 100 % of the ticket . All tickets wil be sell at the entrance. So you can control everything.

This is the deal you already have in your mail.
sincerely
Raphy
Mais si, Prince c'est bien...venez chez nous , vous allez voir ... www.schkopi.com

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 21/11/04 18:56

So it's totally possible :cool: We want to see Kip here live...

and we'll help as much as we can :wink:
Funkygirl ==> I'm a White Free Passionated Funkateer and I'm Proud !

Funkhome - The Funk & Groovy musics Forum
"Funkhome-Le forum de référence, souvent copié, jamais égalé" :cool: Jam & Lewis

Pari
LP's

Messagepar Pari » 21/11/04 19:42

Hi Raphy,
I post on this site because I hope it may catch the attention of additional local promoters. We will enjoy having one show in France, but getting some more gigs down there will certainly make the trip worth.

How do we work? Well, the problem is that we are having a fantastic band supporting Kip, and these guys need to get paid. That`s the reason why I can only accept offers that pay us a certain minimum guarantee, travel expenses and lodging. If you are willing to make such a deal, I will be more than happy to work with you.

However, I can not make uncertain proposals to my musicians. They love playing with the stars I book, but they have families to feed. Which is why we simply cannot accept any deals that give less security (i.e. a promoters gives us a guarantee and 80 percent of the door after breakeven).

Kip has no label support, so it is indeed very difficult to book shows for him. I could easily do a tour of 20 shows in Germany alone with deals as described above. But again, I need to pay the band.

Sometimes, through a webpage like this, new doors open and you meet somebody who can hook it up. If you can do this, we will be very thankful. As we will be thankful to everybody who can help booking more shows in France.

Peace,

Pari
Right in the groove with www.soulpower.info

Retourner vers « English Corner »