FUNK TO THE MAX - New Releases

This Space is primary for the Foreign People : Talk here with us in English cause "One Nation Under a Groove..." :o)
Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

FUNK TO THE MAX - New Releases

Messagepar Funkygirl » 18/09/04 10:27

Here are the new releases from Funk to the Max :

:arrow: Bootsy's Rubber Band live in Louisville vinyl release

The now hard to find and out of print album, Bootsy's Rubber Band "live in Louisvile 1978" will now be released on vinyl. This is the first in a series of limited vinyl releases. The Funk To The Max release is scheduled for November.

:arrow: Parliament "Newburgh sessions"

With a delay of almost a year....Funk to the Max will finally release the "Newburgh session 1976" . The digital remastered album will be available in October / November.

:arrow: Bootsy's Rubber Band live in Niagra 1978

Funk To The Max will release another item from the GMBC vaults, Bootsy's Rubber Band live in Niagra N.Y 1978. According to Kush Griffith one of the best shows during this tour. A memorable night. "What's the name of this town" / "Rubber Duckie", "Interlude Peace ok / Pinochio theory", "Hollywood squares" , "Very yes" , "Can't stay away" , "Stretchin' out" , "As in I love you" , "I'd rather be with you" , "Bootzilla". The release is scheduled for October / November release.

You have also (already available) :

:arrow: Grand Slam - The sounds of the Funk Revue

The legendary Funkoutfit Grand Slam returns to the scene after a 20-months hiatus with a brandnew album, a brandnew line-up and a brandnew transformation of their very own universe of black grooves. In its 19th year of existence, the multicultural group again has remixed its blend of musical vibes from different sources, multiple influences and various likings into a very enjoyable musical cocktail, designed to cause massive booty-shakin' all across Europe's liveclub and festival audiences.

From Grand Slam's deep roots in the P-Funk vibe (Parliament/Funkadelic, Bootsy Collins, George Clinton), the musical journey leads you to todays HipHop acts with a live concept (The Roots, Outkast, De la Soul). From their own starting days in the Old School Funk of the 80s (Cameo, Midnight Star, Lakeside), the sound has developed into the neo-soul consciousness of the new Millennium (Erykah Badu, D'Angelo). Grand Slam's sound in 2004 is not restricted by any musical guidelines, one minute you will dance to original 70s funk, a second later you find yourself being part of an almost pop-appealing rock/rave-tune, reminding you of dj-remixes of old U2 singles. And, while merging all these different musical spheres, the band has once again managed to keep their very own distinctive and recognizable sound. If you're not completely deaf, dumb and blind, you will realise that the definite central thread of Grand Slam's 2004 program is: "WE'VE COME TO MAKE YOU DANCE!"

Go and visit this excellent website :lol: : http://www.funktothemax.com/
Funkygirl ==> I'm a White Free Passionated Funkateer and I'm Proud !

Funkhome - The Funk & Groovy musics Forum
"Funkhome-Le forum de référence, souvent copié, jamais égalé" :cool: Jam & Lewis

The Giant Foot
Mediathèque

Messagepar The Giant Foot » 19/09/04 00:24

LIVE IN LOUISVILLE on VINYLE !!!!!!!! I don't believe it !

SAY BOOTSAY BOOTSAY !
Modifié en dernier par The Giant Foot le 19/09/04 00:45, modifié 1 fois.

Peeeeeee
Stand Convention

Messagepar Peeeeeee » 19/09/04 00:36

Do you know the quality of the new Grand Slam?
Rien ne sert de courir, non, ca ne sert a rien!

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 19/09/04 11:04

Peeeeeee a écrit :Do you know the quality of the new Grand Slam?

I will surely received it soon... So I'll talk about it later :cool:

"Funkhome-Le forum de référence, souvent copié, jamais égalé" :cool: Jam & Lewis

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Re: FUNK TO THE MAX - New Releases

Messagepar Funkygirl » 20/11/04 12:51

Funkygirl a écrit ::arrow: Bootsy's Rubber Band live in Niagra 1978

Funk To The Max will release another item from the GMBC vaults, Bootsy's Rubber Band live in Niagra N.Y 1978. According to Kush Griffith one of the best shows during this tour. A memorable night. "What's the name of this town" / "Rubber Duckie", "Interlude Peace ok / Pinochio theory", "Hollywood squares" , "Very yes" , "Can't stay away" , "Stretchin' out" , "As in I love you" , "I'd rather be with you" , "Bootzilla". The release is scheduled for October / November release.

:arrow: BOOTSY'S RUBBER BAND - Live in Niagra 1976

Funk To The Max will release in january 2005 Bootsy's Rubber Band live in Niagra 1976. One of the most legendary concerts. It was cold, freezin' but most of all it was FUNKY!! Hear how Catfish is giving up the funk in "As in (I love you)".

Wonder B
Bibliothèque Nationale

Messagepar Wonder B » 20/11/04 14:02

The New Grand Slam is ... slammin'!

I love it. It shows the band going to the next phase in terms of funkmanship and production...

The immediate hit (for me!) is the Great 'WE KEEP ON DOING THE PHONK'!

"...We keep on doin' the funk, no sell-out... for the funk of it... "

This can't be any more P than it is...

Another track that I am sure all French Funkateers will love is the ultra funky 'AMUSEZ VOUS BIEN'... the french lyrics are a riot... absolutely hilarious... and funnily they manage to make french sound really funky, when many bands in our own land are still looking to achieve that goal!
Led by a funky synth riff and complimented by some nice horn licks, that one is a sure floor filler. Love the bridge with the heavy guitar...
'... je vais vous faire un amuse bouche... c'est une tartine avec du fromage... mais qu'est ce que c'est... çà pue......' how 'bout that.... revenez... c'est du funk... oui du vrai P-Funk' LOOOOOOOOOOL

Way too funky... the Germans are making fun of our eating habits but they do it with perfect taste...!

It moves to english towards the end of the song... 'it would be ludicrous to think that we are new to this..'.... well done indeed....

The intro to 'WE GUTS TO PARTY' is the monster funk clavinet intro to The Streets Of San Francisco.... a true funk killer.... it goes on with some gritty guitar and bass synth... A little slapped bass spread to good mesure and there you have it... another winner...

'HUNK/FOP' is hip hop funk (or is it funk or hip hop?)...
"Grand Slam kick a groove like a bullet from a gun... always fresh and always funky and always on the one... most of all we still love to FUNK!"

Is that a message we all want to hear or what? I say YES! VERY YES! LOL

Frankly, I say to the people who thought the sound was a little on the weak side on the previous album, you WILL BE more than pleasantly surprised...

A sure winner ........
Wonder B
Sworn to fun
Loyal to none

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 20/11/04 14:09

JoeKelley
12'Play

Messagepar JoeKelley » 21/11/04 15:31

Sounds like some goosebump-inducing records. Thanks for the info.
"Upper Room with Joe Kelley and Gi Dussault"
Radio and TV show
www.upperroomwithjoekelley.com

LIVE Mondays 4-8 pm EST
WVOF 88.5 FM in Fairfield, CT
www.wvof.org

Creativity in Music
www.creativityinmusic.com
Promotion for Musical Artists

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 28/05/05 15:47

New Design soon... http://www.funktothemax.com

The Giant Foot
Mediathèque

Messagepar The Giant Foot » 29/05/05 00:09

Good news :!: :lol:
What we all need is more BASS ! (Larry Graham)

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 05/07/05 09:03

The website is open again :cool:

The Giant Foot
Mediathèque

Re: FUNK TO THE MAX - New Releases

Messagepar The Giant Foot » 10/01/06 20:50

Funkygirl a écrit :Here are the new releases from Funk to the Max :

:arrow: Bootsy's Rubber Band live in Louisville vinyl release

The now hard to find and out of print album, Bootsy's Rubber Band "live in Louisvile 1978" will now be released on vinyl. This is the first in a series of limited vinyl releases. The Funk To The Max release is scheduled for November.

:arrow: Parliament "Newburgh sessions"

With a delay of almost a year....Funk to the Max will finally release the "Newburgh session 1976" . The digital remastered album will be available in October / November.

:arrow: Bootsy's Rubber Band live in Niagra 1978

You have also (already available) :

:arrow: Grand Slam - The sounds of the Funk Revue

The legendary Funkoutfit Grand Slam returns to the scene after a 20-months hiatus with a brandnew album, a brandnew line-up and a brandnew transformation of their very own universe of black grooves. In its 19th year of existence, the multicultural group again has remixed its blend of musical vibes from different sources, multiple influences and various likings into a very enjoyable musical cocktail, designed to cause massive booty-shakin' all across Europe's liveclub and festival audiences.

From Grand Slam's deep roots in the P-Funk vibe (Parliament/Funkadelic, Bootsy Collins, George Clinton), the musical journey leads you to todays HipHop acts with a live concept (The Roots, Outkast, De la Soul). From their own starting days in the Old School Funk of the 80s (Cameo, Midnight Star, Lakeside), the sound has developed into the neo-soul consciousness of the new Millennium (Erykah Badu, D'Angelo). Grand Slam's sound in 2004 is not restricted by any musical guidelines, one minute you will dance to original 70s funk, a second later you find yourself being part of an almost pop-appealing rock/rave-tune, reminding you of dj-remixes of old U2 singles. And, while merging all these different musical spheres, the band has once again managed to keep their very own distinctive and recognizable sound. If you're not completely deaf, dumb and blind, you will realise that the definite central thread of Grand Slam's 2004 program is: "WE'VE COME TO MAKE YOU DANCE!"

What about these projects ??????????? :eek:

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 08/06/06 09:02

posted by: M on:5/21/2006 5:32:58 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FUNK TO THE MAX releases are finally coming through
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep an eye on the new FTTM Releases, Parliament and Bootsy Rubber Bands albums soon to be out on the streets.

Wonder B
Bibliothèque Nationale

Messagepar Wonder B » 08/06/06 09:16

Ah ben çà fait plaisir quand on sait ce qui se passe depuis quelques mois...
I mean, it's great to see they're still in business knowing the trouble they have been getting through for the past few months.
Wonder B

Sworn to fun

Loyal to none

The Giant Foot
Mediathèque

Messagepar The Giant Foot » 08/06/06 10:35

D'un côté l'info est assez légére pas de dates ... juste une promesse. J'éspére que ce n'est pas pour noyer le poisson :???:
J'attends vraiment les newberg sessions :!:

Funkateer

Messagepar Funkateer » 08/06/06 23:42

The Big Foot a écrit :D'un côté l'info est assez légére pas de dates ... juste une promesse. J'éspére que ce n'est pas pour noyer le poisson :???:
J'attends vraiment les newberg sessions :!:

on the other side, the news are short... no dates... just promises.
I hope this is not bulls*** !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm waiting for the newberg sessions

voila big foot, ça te fait 10 € pour la traduction merci :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The Giant Foot
Mediathèque

Messagepar The Giant Foot » 08/06/06 23:48

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ahhhhhhh l'english corner c'est pas ma tasse de thé :eek:

Funkateer

Messagepar Funkateer » 08/06/06 23:49

The Big Foot a écrit ::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ahhhhhhh l'english corner c'est pas ma tasse de thé :eek:

not your cup of Tea ? :mrgreen: :wink:

The Giant Foot
Mediathèque

Messagepar The Giant Foot » 08/06/06 23:50

Not really :lol:

FredW
Boutique de Disques

Messagepar FredW » 09/06/06 05:16

Remasterisé, j'aime l'idée...
A part le coffret 4 CD de 93, j'ai que P-Funk Earth Tour ...
We bring you the real deal
Not the dildo
(Victor Wooten, 2005)

Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Messagepar Funkygirl » 09/06/06 11:12

IN ENGLISH Here... please "R.E.S.P.E.C.T" our foreign funkateers :cool: (and stop spammin' also :wink: )

Retourner vers « English Corner »