Jimi HENDRIX-Deluxe DVD Edition of A Film About JH

This Space is primary for the Foreign People : Talk here with us in English cause "One Nation Under a Groove..." :o)
Funkygirl
Ms Admynamite

Jimi HENDRIX-Deluxe DVD Edition of A Film About JH

Messagepar Funkygirl » 27/06/05 14:15

I just got this press release via email and I thought that you Hendrix fans might be interested.
This is a GREAT documentry.
I saw it when it was originally released.
And the bonus features make this a DVD worth having if you are a Hendrix fan!

Bob Davis

-------------------------------------------------------------

Warner Home Video in association with Experience Hendrix is set to release the long-awaited Deluxe Edition of the 1973 documentary A Film About Jimi Hendrix on June 28, 2005. This deluxe DVD release features a newly remastered and remixed audio soundtrack in 5.1 Dolby Digital
Surround sound and is loaded with more than 75 minutes of previously unreleased bonus features.

In addition to the 103-minute theatrical film, presented in its original 16:9 letterbox format and a newly remastered 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround sound audio track, this Deluxe Edition release includes three special programs available for the very first time including:

:arrow: From The Ukulele To The Strat: A 63-minute film featuring previously unreleased interviews with Mitch Mitchell, Billy Cox, Buddy Miles, Eddie Kramer, Eric Barrett, Gerry Stickles, Al Brown, John Hammond, Linda Keith, Al Hendrix, Freddie Mae Gautier and Fayne Pridgon, all of which were filmed in 1972 during production of the original film, but not included in the original film.

:arrow: Stone Free: A newly cut version of Jimi Hendrix's performance of "Stone Free" from the July 4, 1970 concert at the Atlanta Pop Festival. This new 6-minute video features Jimi's original performance, restored and uncut for the very first time.

:arrow: Dolly Dagger: Jimi's originally studio engineer Eddie Kramer breaks down the mix of "Dolly Dagger." This 6-minute film was originally filmed at Jimi's Electric Lady Studios in 1972.

Released June 28th

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ance&s=dvd
Funkygirl ==> I'm a White Free Passionated Funkateer and I'm Proud !

Funkhome - The Funk & Groovy musics Forum
"Funkhome-Le forum de référence, souvent copié, jamais égalé" :cool: Jam & Lewis

Wonder B
Bibliothèque Nationale

Messagepar Wonder B » 27/06/05 16:48

J'ai vu le film à sa sortie dans les années 70 et pour les amoureux de Jimi comme moi c'est du pur CAVIAR...
Je ne vais pas me gêner pour le gauler...

Merci pour le tuyau FG....

I saw that movie in the 70's when it came out and for all you Jimi lovers out there this is pure HEAVEN...
I intend to grab it as soon as possible...

Thanks for the tip FG...
Wonder B
Sworn to fun
Loyal to none

Retourner vers « English Corner »